View Single Post
Old
12-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
so fine. lets break up a line thats clicking. Lets put Schenn there(who doesnt deserve it btw). what happens if they dont find chemistry and it doesnt work?
I know what Raffl is. Many folks did not know who this guy was before the Flyers signed him(myself included) but right now for whatever reason the top line is working. As I said earlier, remember when we all were looking for that combo to get the top line going? They had only one line who was doing all the heavy lifting(Read/Couts/Downie). the top line was doing nothing.
I get what you are saying, but right now until things change I would prefer to leave the top line alone. if the top line stops working then you adress it. you dont change it because x player has more upside then z player who has been playing very well.
The top line was goal-less and -2 at ES tonight. They were goal-less vs Minnesota the game before and in the loss to Columbus before that (Giroux and Voracek got points on Simmonds' goals). They've been shut out for 3 games and are leaning heavily on the top PP unit for offense. Raffl is who we thought he was. A player without top line offensive talent. Put Schenn's trigger-pull with Giroux and Voracek's creativity and vision and you've instantly got yourself a more dangerous top line at ES.

None of the currently assembled ES lines are unimpeachable. Downie would be better used back on the Couturier line where he is a proven success. Lecavalier is a better center than Schenn. Schenn has a better one-timer for the top line than Raffl.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote