View Single Post
Old
12-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm kind of surprised at the level of hate here for Bryzgalov. So far he's been a model citizen in Edmonton. Bit of a space cadet, but who cares about that as long as he stops pucks; and trust me, he's been a massive improvement over the goaltending we were getting from Dubnyk.

I thought Bryzgalov played very well last night. Definitely better than Mason. No doubt Giroux owned him hard on the shootout, but the Raffl goal? Please, nobody stops that shot. Kind of like the Eberle goal.

As for tossing the stick. Meh. Big deal. Stuff like that happens in hockey. The funniest thing was hearing Kelly ****ing Hrudey go on and on about it as if didn't have a reputation as a spastic nutcase when he was in the league.

Anyway, good game. I'm sure very few Oiler fans expected a win against a team like Philly. But hey, I thought we showed some guts pushing back to get that third goal. We'll take the point.

Bryz: .921 - no even strength goals against
Mason: .813 - 2 even strength goals against

game winning goal was a perfect top shelf shootout goal ..... 3rd star of the game & the only reason EDM got a point .....

did he look 'smooth' ? no. he never does ...... but stats-wise he outplayed Mason.

that said, we HAD TO get those 2 points, so i'm thrilled !!

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote