View Single Post
Old
12-29-2013, 11:21 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
you can use stats all day, but some things don't pass the eye test. I can't remember Mazanac giving up goals right after we score. Hutton seems to let in softer, more ill timed goals. I am ok when goalies are left out to dry and they give up goals. It happens. Great scorers are gonna score as well. It happens. Look at last night, Patrick Roy nor Ken Dryden was saving Kopitars laser beam goal. Same with Carters. Both of those were perfect shots. But when you are giving up wraparounds on your right, while your jock is on the left post still, you don't deserve to own the net. I want to like Hutton, I really do, but he is more suited to a start every 2 weeks, and he seems to be ok in that role. Maz has a great opportunity to get on a roll here. Detroit at home. Should be a good atmosphere against a team he has confidence he can beat. Then we have a road trip where we need 4 points out of. I would hope this team feels like they let a point and maybe two slip against Boston. We were in the game until Gaustad took his 6784867 penalty in the offensive zone. Then road games vs Florida and Carolina. We need 6 out of these next 8 points. We do that we likely find ourselves 4-5 points out of a playoff spot with a 5 game homestand.

But of course, we could also lose the next 5 too and t would surprise me.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote