View Single Post
Old
12-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Kamikazepants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Nobody says he needs to be "rampaging bear" Shea ... but watch his play last night against the Kings and compare it to the Stars game. The physicality level was dramatically different. The facial expressions differed. The impact on the game differed. He negated Kopitar most of the night, especially the 1st. There was a similar change in Fisher's play last night. It's amazing how when the leadership group bothers to show up, the team is competitive. When they don't, we get the last two weeks or so of play where the question isn't if we'll lose but how fast the goalies get chased and how bad the total spread will be.

Hornqvist leads by example every shift. Weber doesn't. Fisher doesn't. I'll base that on 20+ years of serving in leadership positions and developing other leaders.
Like i've said earlier, I feel like there's too much we don't see and hear to judge leadership abilities, feels like a pick and choose thing. And frankly, I'm not seeing a team that's constantly loafing around and not trying, something I would guess any kind of group with weak leadership displays. We must be seeing different things. The effort is there, but how often can we say the Predators are icing the most talented team on the ice each night? Effort only takes a team so far.

I would say consistent, excellent play is leading by example. That's what I've been seeing. Watching the little things he does, Consistently ranked up at the top in terms of hits and blocked shots. But again, I guess we disagree on what we've seen