View Single Post
Old
12-29-2013, 03:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think what is missing from the stat onslaught (which I get and agree statistically you can flip a coin as to which is better), is the amount of ill-timed, or soft goals. I don't have a stat. I have the eye test, and watching the game, I see Hutton breaking the teams back more than Mazanac. 2 of the three goal games you referenced were Chicago and Montreal. Giving up 3 to Chicago isn't a sin, and the 3 in Montreal, for the most part, Mazanac was left out to dry. Another three goal game is Boston, where he gave up 2 on the PP and then was hung out on goal 6. Hutton on the other hand, kills this team when they need a stop. Fight back at tampa, he folds. Fight back vs Dallas, he folds. Heck, just starting in Dallas he was awful.

Mazanac has delivered more timely saves than Hutton and gives the team the best chance to win,
That doesn't account for Maz with one win in his last EIGHT starts including losses to Edmonton, chased by Carolina after giving up four goals on thirteen shots including Faulk's just 23 seconds in, followed two days later by a five spot to Washington. It was four goals allowed in relief against Boston, not three ... with three PPG allowed. His good November doesn't excuse his last 4+ weeks of play. Maz held the opposition to less than three goals one time this month, Hutton did it three times. Complain all we want about soft goals allowed, Hutton strung three wins together lately while Maz hasn't.

As I said, both are inconsistent. Both are interchangeable. Neither took the reins when opportunity presented itself.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote