View Single Post
Old
12-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Kamikazepants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Effort took much less individually talented Preds teams to the postseason year after year with guys like Fiddler, Ward, and Smithson.

This is a team with the worst win % when trailing first this season ... something it historically could overcome. This was a team that could come back in the 3rd when trailing after two ... something it's done once since the lockout (last season) after tied for 3rd in 2011-12.

I wish I could see anything that indicated effort, heart, resilience ... but it's not there most nights. It explains why the team can't come back and win ... can't perform at even strength ... is in the midst of a several season decline of 5on5 defensive efficiency ... and on and on.
Much less talented? Again, I would not agree with that at all. The best forwards on this team are 2nd/3rd line tweeners at best. Honestly, that's being generous. There's potential scattered around, but nothing past the level previously mentioned. Were the forwards on past teams really that much worse than that?

I'm fairly certain there is one glaring difference between this years team, and past teams that just about any fan of hockey, Predators fan or not would see lacking: consistent goal tending. When your team has never been known as a particularly effective goal scoring team (more recently especially), and then the team goals allowed stat joins that, the results are going to be ugly.

I simply do not believe those things have much of anything to do with any form of leadership