View Single Post
Old
01-17-2007, 09:16 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Jagr is WAY more of a cherrypicker this year than years gone by, and heres why, i dont know how you define a cherry picker, but heres what i see, and why i called jagr a cherry picker. the guy waits at the opposing blueline on the right wing, and waits for passes to him, he will ever so slowly skate his way back, and look to catch the other team off guard, and while hes going that, the D behind him gets torched for chance after chance. Last year he would at least come back into his own zone, he wouldnt exactly play D, but he would be a body back in the zone keeping the other teams honest. This year, he just doesnt bother. And shoulders dont effect desire or skating. Hes still one of the best players on the ice at any given time, but his level of commitment just isnt close to the level it was last year. I can live with lower point production, but the guy just isnt hustling at all unless he has the puck in the offensive zone.
Jagr's play shouldn't be generalized based on one game. He doesn't do every night what he did vs the Devils last night.

He has been having some trouble lately and I am not sure what it is. I can only guess.

Jagr forechecks, and is still making goal scoring passes despite his unacceptable point total.