Old
01-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
That really doesn't make sense. There was a rule that prevented a team from doing that in the old CBA, I'm sure there's a rule about it in the new one too (I can't check it though, I have a very old computer and it won't download the CBA from the nhlpa site).
There was no rule that prevented them from sending a player to the AHL. That would be absurd.

There was a rule preventing a player from being traded back to his old team, I believe, and I remember Dean McCammoned having that happen to him so he had to sit out the rest of the year.

I believe, and I'm nearly 100% sure of this, that if you send the player to the AHL than the original team that waived him has first crack at him and can either accept the player back or refuse him (in which case he'd be placed on waivers by the new team and sent to the AHL like they were trying to do in the first place).

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote