View Single Post
Old
12-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Haha, yeh.

If I was a betting man I would bet Carolina, Ottawa, Florida, Buffalo and the Isles would all miss the playoffs, I think Carolina and Ottawa are worse teams this year than their records show. Their records through the last ~30 games are all pretty atrocious.

I actually think the Isles may finish behind Buffalo as well. 8 wins and 20 points in their last 30... though they seem to be pulling a cat out of the bag tonight.
The other division is much clearer then ours. It's looking like we have the edge in our division but it's really close and it's kind of a huge tossup after us and maybe NJ. Once Columbus gets healthy they might show up too but there's only so many playoff spots.

If I had to guess the standings by season's end it would probably be like this:

Boston
Montreal
Detroit
Toronto

Pittsburgh
Washington
Philadelphia
NJ/Columbus

I feel like NJ and Columbus are a huge tossup, but I think the rest of the teams in the East not listed (Ottawa, NYR, etc.) don't really have a shot this season even though there's still technically half a season to go.

The Islanders and Ottawa are a little mystifying considering how last season went for them. Just a little though. Neither of them have great rosters on paper and one or both of them have bad coaching it seems.