View Single Post
Old
12-30-2013, 07:09 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
When I first joined here that was one of the first time I started a thread and that was about, namely, should we adopt a run and gun style or stay with Martin's five man low in our zone style. I discussed trading for Campbell and let him mentor Subban. It seems funny to be back talking about the same thing, it's like my deja vu is having a deja vu, lol.

I'd be okay with having a looser system and as long as we had a decent talent level, does it really matter if we aren't built to go far in the playoffs, we aren't built that way now, anyways.
difference is at the time JM was coaching our team, the only offense we had from our back end was rookie P.K. (Markov injured, no Diaz), he was pretty much the only D capable of good transition... and we didnt have the Gallagher and Galchenyuk up front either (and Eller was a rookie)... so while boring, it made sense to play that way...

but now ? we have 3 D who are suposed to be good at transition (PK, Markov and to lesser extent Diaz), and they're asked to dump pucks...

and our forwards, half the top 9 being below 5'10 have to dump behind the opponent net and try to retrieve the puck (puck they had in the first place!)...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote