View Single Post
Old
01-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I like Straka as much as the next guy, and as long as he continues to play with Jagr this is a contract that will pretty much put him in the underpaid catagory amongst NHL forwards, but, if we are un-lucky enough to lose Jagr for any length of time, both Straka and Nylander become grossly overpaid.

At no point in his career has he ever played on a team without Jagr and been more than a decent 2nd line (better 3rd line) winger.

Same goes for Nylander. His career best was 64 points before being paired with Jagr, last year he shot up to 79 points and he's not on pace for 90+ points this year.

These two are both very pedestrian players that GREATLY benefit from playing with Jagr.

I don't want Nylander back and I would not be sad if Straka didn't come back either and if that means losing Jagr then so be it.

The make-up of this teams needs a major change, but as long as LiL Jimmy Dolan is around, we are fudged
I gotta agree and that's what really swings the deal one way or the other. So long as Jagr is healthy it'll be beneficial. But if Jagr gets hurt or starts to slip you essentially have two agining second liners who are at best about 60 point players.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote