View Single Post
Old
12-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
He has taken tremendous strides if you watched him first play for the wolfpack vs where he is now.

When I first saw him he couldn't skate at all. Couldn't turn. Didn't know how to play defense.
Yes he's progressed from a teenager to a young man. Whatever the reasons/circumstance he's still not what he was drafted to be at the NHL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I'm not sure I follow this "they need offense more than defense" argument. Right now their offense is playing much better than their defense.

Staal had concussion issues, girardi and stralman are FAs, DZ is probably getting sent out, and Moore hasent progressed. It's not like they are so loaded defensively this is a wasted pick
Who said it's about offense? My goal in a player draft would always be get the best player available at my draft slot. Some players could be even and both could have totally different skill sets, so then maybe position/overall team depth comes into play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the "hasn't made huge strides" comment here.

McI is drastically better than he was 4 years ago, and I'd even say he's drastically better than he was 2 years ago. If it wasn't for injuries, he'd probably be even better.

I think the plan all along was to hope he'd be ready for regular play in 14/15, and barring some huge change, I'd say that sounds about right.
Plenty of Dmen his age made the exact same strides over the years. He jumped up a level and a few years later he's a capable AHL Dman. Anything more and we'd be talking about a guy who makes a difference, and I don't see that guy, I don't know how anyone could say that right now.

He's not drastically doing anything consistent at the Pro level except bring the heavy, which is commendable but not warranting serious NHL consideration. He's absolutely raw, at this age that's not a revelation, nor a strike against him.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote