View Single Post
Old
12-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
If you told me there is a 21 year old DMan who is playing huge minutes in the ahl at a high level who loves the physical aspect, who hits, who fights, and has improved ten fold in the past two years I bet you everyone on this forum would be thrilled to add him to the roster.

People are too obsessed with instant results and draft status. Long term plan. The exact thing everyone always whines and moans about the team not having. Then they whine that the results aren't fast enough. Brilliance
If McIlrath winds up a third pairing guy that plays tough and drops the mitts, I will be disappointed. Does that fill a need? Sure it does. But that need shouldn't be filled with a top ten draft pick. Thats just brutal asset management. At this point in time, I dont see him evolving into much more - hope Im wrong.

As for your "long term plan" stuff, you'll have to explain how McIlrath is part of a long term plan when it seems like the Rangers just transitioned out of a defensive scheme that would've seemed to have fit him nicely, and are playing a game that doesn't seem to mesh with his positives.

If you think this organization has had some sort of long-term plan, then you haven't been paying attention.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote