View Single Post
Old
12-31-2013, 05:29 AM
TigerJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Unfortunately, BRB has a big point that it's really bad that Zuccarello is our best player.

I definitely enjoy seeing him flourish, and he's a very exciting player to watch, but jesus christ is this team underperforming badly.

It's a vicious, never ending cycle. We always have a few surprises every year, but those surprises wind up carrying the team instead of complimenting good players. And every year those good players fall off a ****ing cliff, and it's let go because other players have stepped up in their absence.

I'm really tired of it.
I totally understand the point that when Zucc is the best player on the team, there is a problem. When you see a roster with Callahan, Richards and Nash, and Zucc is (by far) the best player amongst these, there is of course a problem.

But if you look at it the other way; could you imagine his production if the rest of the team actually played as good as expected? Zucc has almost a point/game since the scratch, for a team that is one of the lowest scoring teams in the NHL. That is impressive.

There is no doubt that he could be a consistent top 6 forward for this team, also when (if?) it eventuall becomes a serious contender.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote