View Single Post
Old
12-31-2013, 09:58 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
He's absolutely a top 20 defenseman. Overpaid you can make a case for, and he's supposed to carry his trash Toronto team through the playoffs? Not his fault they can't win anything, and it wasn't his fault Calgary couldn't win anything. Just like it's not Lundqvist's fault this team can't win anything. Him never winning a playoff round is really irrelevant in the kind of player he is.
Lundvist's team won a round. More than once. More than twice. More than 3 times. Lundqvist's team didn't have one of the biggest playoff collapses in NHL history with a supposedly 7 million dollar "top 20" defenseman. I think I could name 30 guys on D I'd rather have than Dion Phaneuf pretty easily.

Seabrook, McD, Chara, Seidenberg, Bieska, Doughty, Karlsson, Keith, Shattenkirk, Kronwall, Subban, Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Yandle, Fowler, Suter, Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Greene, Franson, Wisniewski, Campbell, Boyle, Leddy, Streit, Johnson, Jones, Enstrom, Coburn, Martin, Letang, etc...

We'll just agree to disagree. Phaneuf is not the guy I build my D around and not the guy I spend 10% of my cap on. No thank you.