View Single Post
Old
12-31-2013, 02:24 PM
RangersHank*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
No, I don't. Please go bad to my original post which CLEARLY addresses the contract as being terrible because Phaneuf isn't a 7 year/7 million per player. He isn't. Comparable value-wise, I'd much rather have Enstrom, Fowler, Green, Coburn, Leddy, etc... No question about it.

Phaneuf has done nothing to impress me over the past 5 years. Nothing. And certainly not at a 7/7 deal. Just a deal I would never make. No irrational hate here, I just don't think he's a great player. Certainly not top 20, and not even close to guys like Seabrook, Shattenkirk, Campbell, Jaybo, etc... that you think are "questionable".

If the Rangers signed Phaneuf as a free agent for 7x7, this board would be overflowing with how stupid Sather is and comparing it to another Redden deal.

For those of you that are railing against this, you do realize that only THREE defenseman in the entire league are making more than that per year, right? Weber, Campbell, and Suter. And not by a lot. Doughty is making the same.

So Phaneuf is being paid more than guys like Chara, Keith and Seabrook.

It's a TERRIBLE contract.
Bringing Campbell into the mix is just a joke. Bouwmeester too. Redden is a totally different player and has nothing to do with this.