View Single Post
Old
12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
I like how you sometimes differentiate points and even strength points for some guys (like Simmonds), but not for others (like Jokinen).

It wouldn't happen to be because the reason Jokinen is on a 50 point pace despite playing bottom 6 even strength minutes is because he also gets hefty PP time per game and most of those 50+ points are coming from the PP and not his even strength ice time, would it. As for some of the others (Columbus and New Jersey, specifically), without looking it up, I'm guessing it's because they are not top-heavy. They don't have those star forwards you want getting 20 minutes a night, so I'm assuming their ice time is much more evenly distributed across the board. But again, this is all guesswork on my part. Wouldn't be surprised to find it all completely wrong.

As for our bottom 6, the only issue I have is the 3rd line. Dvorak-Malhotra-random AHL plug is a solid 4th line. Two veterans that know their role and can play it well, and a younger player that is hopefully doing everything in their power to sponge knowledge out of those two veterans.