View Single Post
Old
12-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Previously your analogy was with midget players. So it seems the quality of midget players has gone down.

Check the number of juniors in the NHL now or any season dating back to the start of the 18 year old NHL Entry Draft or previously - Bobby Orr, Henri Richard, Larry Hillman, amongst others. Some like Orr, Henri Richard were elite skaters - at the level, or better than their contemporary NHL elders.

Conversely you have always had elders in the game performing at an elite level, Jagr, Recchi, Chelios alone since the 2005-06 season. Not one of them skating at the elite junior level but quite capable of playing NHL hockey.
See my comment in post 57, I'm talking specifically about skating and major junior is what I stated as then there won't be a huge grey area on it.

Ken Dryden has stated, in reference to concussions, on the slow pace of play one can witness in the NHL games of the 50's with much more time and space for players to do basically anything.

It doesn't take a hockey expert to realize that time and space and the more any skilled player has of it, matter.

There is major junior hockey in Quebec, go watch the skating in those games and compare back, it really becomes quite clear when one looks at it.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote