View Single Post
Old
12-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffl House View Post
I think the transaction idea isn't a bad idea, but I look at organization growth as a whole as well. The GM is responsible for coordinating all staffs, including medical, scouting, player development, coaching, etc. I'm sure in each GM position, some of this blends into other roles or is influenced in whatever way.

Overall, I'm disappointed with the Flyers. I think they have enough money to bring in the right staff in various areas. I am concerned about scouting, drafting, and player development. I think their individual work is not as apparent as it is with other teams. Take player skating and speed, as an example. I just can't understand how it seems every team outskates most of our team. Players like Coots and Schenn would be 10x better if their skating ability was better than average. Luke Schenn would be a much better defender if his skating was better. In fact, I think I read earlier in the year in multiple articles that L. Schenn was constantly doing side work on his skating...and he is slightly improved there.

I think the focus on coaching systems is there and it works, but I'd like to see player improvement on an individual level. You expect progression from players like B. Schenn, Coots, etc. But when you look at the players Flyers have traded away over the past few years...a lot of them were considered middling prospects and all-of-a-sudden with their new teams, they've turned it on. Is that a product of better coaching, better player development, or a change of scenery? Who knows.

Look at Sharp, JVR, who come to mind immediately. Talk about getting robbed in trades. Then again, you see Voracek traded for a nobody defenseman and fifth round draft choice. I think I'm more concerned with the trigger finger of making moves than anything.

Wait... What?!?!? what did I miss here?

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote