View Single Post
Old
01-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireonk View Post
Im starting a seperate thread because I don't want to clutter up the actual voting threads. Im just curious why guys are voting a certain way?

Jarkko Immonen is starting to get a bunch of people voting for him. I don't understand how people can consider him the best prospect on the list. If Sanguinetti was on another team would anyone possibly hesitate in trading Immonen for him straight up? If not then how is he considered a better prospect? I understand Jarkko is much more ready to contribute on the NHL level but aren't we voting for who the better prospect is and not who the better player currently is?

This isn't necessarily a rant, Im honestly curious as to why people think hes a better prospect.

For the record I only picked Sanguinetti because thats who I voted for but the point still applies to others, such as Sauer and Pyatt, to name a couple.
I think allot of the love comes from the same people who wants Renney fired for not playing Immonen. It would be strange to then list him were he belongs on the prospect list, outside the top 10.

Nobody sane would trade Sanguetti for Immonen.

Lets say we sent Sanguetti for Jeff Taffe, I would go nuts...

I think its safe to say that Immonen is a bust, just like Lundmark. There is no hint of a upside, not even at the AHL level. He aren't getting involved offensivly enough at any level.

Pck is defenitly a better prospect then Immonen.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote