Thread: TSN 1260: What's Going On? Part 4
View Single Post
Old
01-01-2014, 07:03 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
I've been listening to sports talk radio in Edmonton since the early 70's when Bryan Hall had the only call-in shows in town on CJCA. I can't think of a single host (including Hall himself) who is/was a truly arrogant person both on and off the air.

Personally I find a little or even a lot of on-air arrogance to be entertaining- as long as there is at least a small undercurrent of humility to be found under the surface as well. The great John Short did it without the arrogance but the majority of my all-time radio favorites: Howard Stern, Jim Rome, Don Percy, Bill Matheson, Cubb (now Cam) Carson, Bob Stauffer and Jason Gregor had many arrogant moments but also subtly showed that they don't really take themselves too seriously.
John Short was easily the best of the local radio hosts. Always treated his callers with respect whether they deserved it or not. Never any arrogance on his part. IMO, sports talk radio in Edmonton starting going downhill with Sid Smith with every host knowing more than his predecessor.

rboomercat90 is offline   Reply With Quote