View Single Post
Old
01-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
I think it's up to you to prove that this is the maximum level of play that can be expected from the top line before it makes sense to disregard alternatives.
Sure, that might be the case, but we've seen other combinations and none have been better thus far. You're not going to be able to try them all for a sufficient amount of time to evaluate what works best, at least I don't think so. So I think it's a matter of good enough and at this point this looks pretty damn good to me. But yeah, I can't prove this is the maximum level of play that can be expected and I do agree alternatives shouldn't be ignored. But you also have to think about how other lines will look then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Giroux and Voracek have both proven capable of producing at top line levels for long periods of time, while Raffl has not. Giroux and Voracek both have top line pedigree, top line statistical resumes and top line credentials.
I don't think they've proven capable of producing at higher levels than they currently are. As for the pedigree and statistical resumes, Raffl is a rookie in the NHL, so how can you expect to have credentials to show he can play on the top line? If that's your argument for why his place should looked at first in trying to improve the first line, fine, it's as valid an argument as any. But we're not going to come to an agreement here, because we basically disagree on whether the top line is producing as it should, making replacing Raffl moot in my opinion. I don't see Voracek and Giroux as being able to produce more with any of our players, and I think they need to have a guy that improves their play more in order to do that. I'm not saying a guy like Jagr wouldn't cut it, but there's no one like that on our roster.

Honestly, I think you just dislike Raffl and are looking for any and every reason to get him off the line. Which is fine, we all have our likes and dislikes. I'd like to see Giroux off the team, as well

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote