View Single Post
Old
01-02-2014, 03:36 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Will Duclair possibly be a 1st line player for the Rangers in the future? If so, how likely is that?
In short, I think he has that potential.

We can discuss what a first line player is, it seems like most players are first line players for us from time to time (were Dawes, Prucha, Hagelin and co '1st line players'?).

But Duclair definitely got that potential. I love that he is such a good skater. That is biggest strength probably as opposed to someone like Thomas who was a sniper or Grachev who was big or MSC who was a playmaker and so forth. Or even Kristo who is born a goto scorer. Duclair is not only a good skater in straight lines, he skates really well overall. That will help him greatly to just get involved at the AHL / NHL level. He also has really good offensive instincts. And while I have not seen a ton of him, he doesn't seem to be that high maintainance.

History is not short of players like Duclair, even much more impressive in junior leagues, Duclair isn't even at the WJC for example (Dawes played in three tournaments right?), that fails but Duclair is interesting for sure.

Last edited by Ola: 01-02-2014 at 05:40 AM.