Old
01-02-2014, 08:34 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Can't say I cared much for us signing him especially after finding out he hadn't killed any penalties with his last team. Bring someone in for your bottom lines he's absolutely got to be versatile. Didn't fight--didn't kill penalties, he hit sometimes but never very hard, didn't score much--what did he do? He got a $1.5 mil per year contract. Way too much for what he did--even if he did continue to occasionally contribute to the offense. Wish him good luck but I've never wanted him on this team.
I remember Pyatt with the Canucks, when he killed penalties. Did he somehow lose the ability to do that? He was never the most swift of skaters, so it's hard for me to believe he didn't kill penalties here due to deteriorating skills. Was he just misused? It's not unusual for us to bring in a guy and then not utilize him to the fullest extent.

Who knows. He clearly didn't work out though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land somewhere else next year and reestablish himself as a valuable role player.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote