View Single Post
01-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Kidmograph tho.
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's stunning to see a GM actually build a team, not a roster comprised of names and all stars.
I agree. It is clear they had a plan with this team, and I like that, but the two major things I question. First is the translation to big ice. I think it could easily become a weakness for this team. People keep talking about the bottom-six hemming in opponents and being brutal to play against, however the skill players with great vision will have an advantage on these guys with more time and space. They also lack speed to close gaps. We'll have to see, but I'm not sure this one plays out as hoped.

The second is Bobby Ryan. Dead horse already I know, but that article is screaming scrambling to make excuses why he shouldn't go. I think there is a vendetta there. Burke ckaims the reason they cannot bring Yandle is due to the worst case scenario where a top-4 defensemen goes down. He doesn't trust Yandle. However on the other hand why doesn't he make the same argument for having someone they can trust to slot in that top-6 role if a winger goes down? It would have to be Ryan. He's the next best offensive forward. They also couldn't consider not taking Stepan because they wanted 5 natural centers without question. So they have back-up plans for the D, Centers, and even goalies, but nothing for the top-6 offensive scoring role. It's a complete double standard. I can almost hear and see Burke in the room with his body language and tone saying, "Bobby Ryan is not going. End of discussion."

It doesn't make sense to me the way they presented it.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote