View Single Post
Old
01-02-2014, 01:37 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What flavor is the MSG Kool-Aid?

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

The 94 team was so special because they won the Cup.
It means you don't have to suck relentlessly to win. You can do it with the right group of guys + hard work and the will to win. The 2012 team was close but ultimately ended up being arguable 1 30 goal scorer and a #6 dman away from the promiseland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Charming is a good word considering the blinders some people have regarding the reality of this franchise.
The reality of this franchise as of TODAY unfortunately is injuries and wear and tear. Nash, Callahan, Staal and Girardi, barring a complete 180 in their play, are nowhere near the level of play they were a few years ago.

Nash's concussions. Callahan's EVERYTHING. Staal's eye + concussion. Girardi being basically Hank's human shield. These guys are deteriorating right in front of our eyes, and that's a huge problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
Yeah, you enjoy watching a team with no plan, no foresight. Just Glen Sather giving nice soundbites like "Our goal is to win a Stanley Cup." I'll continue to watch teams with elite talent and depth like Chicago continue to win playoff games, wondering why the Rangers are so clueless in comparison.
So why are you here? Go watch Chicago and Pit..

When did I ever say I enjoyed watching a team with no plan..all I said was there's no honor in **** tanking and that what PIT did would never fly here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
we were here during the time they sucked, didnt you read Singins post? all of us old guys were on different board before here so yeah we know what its like? all we got was Jessiman!
We also wound up with Montoya though!

Seriously though, different era. We've drafted some VERY nice players post-lockout. Lundqvist, Callahan, Kreider, Stepan, Miller

Dubinsky + Anisimov (which turned into Nash)

I trust Gordie and the rest of the scouts now 100x more than the ass clowns from the dark ages

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote