View Single Post
Old
01-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Get over it. Have you never played competitive sports? There is always trash talk going on, especially in a rivalry game. Canada-USA isn't the only rivalry game going on. I'm sure USA is Russia's rival. We glorify the 1980 Olympics any chance we get, i'm sure as a hockey culture they haven't forgotten about it.
My games weren't televised internationally, and I wasn't a paid professional playing in a professional league with former NHLers.

The rivalry BS doesn't hold water. It's a punk move to taunt a bench while you're skating away knowing you'll never play the same guys again.

If Potvin taunted the Rangers bench after a goal, Fotiou would clock him in the face before Potvin could think.

I don't have a problem if Bucenevich could back it up. He didn't. He skated to his bench without fear of getting rammed head first into the boards.

Crosby is the perfect example. He was a rat-faced punk who hid behind the referees. Then he gets his dome destroyed twice and now he's a Lady Byng candidate.

I don't mind trash talking if you can back it up. Slapping a puck into an empty net then taunting a bench while skating, then hiding on your bench is a punk-ass move and I hope he gets his ass kicked one day like everybody else in history who deserved it.