Old
01-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That's silly. These guys are professional athletes. All the best players in the world go. If seven more games (which I think is the most you can play in the tournament) is going to mean you are going to be too tired to play game seven of the Cup Finals, then you shouldn't be in the NHL. And don't give me crap about injuries. They happen all the time for a number of reasons. It would suck to see G or anyone get hurt seriously in the Olympics, but that's not a reason to not compete.

Again, if you are worried that seven extra games is going to derail a season for Giroux or anyone else, maybe you should be worried about their physical conditioning instead. No reason for you to be concerned with the best athletes in the sport because they are playing in the Olympics. People say the same crap about the All-Star game.

Yeah, seems weird.
There's a clear advantage to having time to recuperate over having to travel halfway across the world to take 7 more games of wear and tear. They're pro athletes, sure...they're also human beings, subject to human shortcomings. The season is a grind as it is.