View Single Post
Old
01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
The Big Apple

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireonk View Post
First, its not that just Sanguinetti can play the point on the powerplay, its that he can be an excellent pointman on the powerplay. The guy has 20 goals in 43 games this year as an 18 year old defenseman. If I remember correctly off the top of my head he leads the league in goals for a defenseman.

But again, its not really about Sanguinetti vs. Immonen. Its really just about why Immonen is rated so highly. For a fairer comparison lets compare Immonen to Pyatt. Both are centerman so it should be much easier to compare the two. Would anyone not take Pyatt for Immonen in a straight up deal?

I also want to add that I don't dislike Jarkko. There is room for him on an NHL club in my opinion. He's always in position and is a pretty smart player. I just don't think he has enough skill or speed to make him a 2nd line center, nor do I think he really has the defensive tenacity to use him on a shutdown line.
U have to remember that this is only immonens second year playing hockey in North America. You can't teach hockey smarts and ability which immonen has... You can teach speed and stick position, which is something imimonen is working on now as of this moment... He still has second line potential, will he max out his potential nobody knows as of right now...

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote