View Single Post
Old
01-03-2014, 03:39 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah. Must really suck to win a cup, have two generational talents on your roster, and be a contender every single season. Your bitterness is palpable.
You clearly can't understand the misery that was required to get those 2 generational talents. You speak as if it cost them nothing to win that cup. It cost sweet, delicious Pens fan tears. A half a decades worth. They were a team that was purposefully assembled not to win, and they were awfully good at it. In professional sports that is pathetic and is a big FU to the fans from management and ownership.

The Rangers have made the playoffs every year save for one since the lockout. They've been past the first round multiple times and made a deep ECF run during that time. They did it without tanking. Obviously the ultimate goal is the cup; but I'll take not tanking and making the playoffs at a 90% clip/seeing what happens over becoming the Oilers and Pittsburgh. **** their cup, honestly. It's tainted IMO and I'd say the same exact thing if the Rangers did it that way.

Then again I also feel that the draft system is a total joke. But like anything else it's money driven. The lack of parity means less money for these poor owners. So we need to give teams with terrible management, scouting and personnel top 3 overall picks. Total joke. Draft should be completely random, every year. Everyone gets the same shot at the #1 overall

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote