View Single Post
Old
01-19-2007, 09:05 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Am I missing something here? Isn't sending Kaspar to Hartford the cheapest option, cap wise? You take no hit at all then, but you still have to pay the guy. Do you guys think someone will take him at half price? I thought the issue was his play more than his pay, if he can't cut it at 3 mil he's not going to get any better at 1.5. As far as admitting defeat, if we're out of the race, we're defeated. Whether we admit it or not is irrelevant. We may as well get something out of it. I think Rachunek is ok, but certainly replaceable. To borrow a Seinfeld term he's "vegetable lasagna" to me. If we could get a decent player back for him, go for it.
Do you want an extremely unhappy and bitter Kasparaitis poisoning the atmosphere in Hartford?Kasparaitis and Renney really don't like each other.Last week,Renney told Kasparaitis he didn't want to hear or read any comments about him being unhappy with his benching.Buying him out is more expensive than just leaving him in Hartford.The re-entry part is best for both sides.Buying Kasparaitis out will cost two $1 million cap hits for 2007-08 and 08-09

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote