View Single Post
Old
01-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Look, please not that this is not what I think we will get, but what I think is enough to make up for what we loose, IE our heart and soul.

Id like to get a sure fire player. Someone that I know will count here in NY. Not a gamble. Not someone that is decent but not great all round nor really fill a need for us (say a Tatar, if a player with Tatar's skill was a RD I would be interested however).

To start with, you also gotta find a team that you can let Cally talk to so that the can agree on a deal before a trade is made so that you don't deal a rental.

So you know, Id definitely deal Cally, Girardi and Boyle for Yakupov and Eberle. But what does that take? THat EDM is desperate to jump start their game AND that EDM can talk with Cally and G and convince them to resign in EDM. What are the odds for that?

When Dallas traded James Neal, he was already a established 30 goal scorer. A PF. That is a good piece to get. Brayden Schenn is a good piece to get when Philly got him from LA. More or less a sure thing while the upside was / is a bit in question. Seguin was a good pickup. Hampus Lindholm from ANA is a player I would take, probably the only one that isn't completely unrealistic of the player mentioned so far...

Its not easy to get for a rental though. OTOH, our rentals aren't 35 y/o. They are 28 and 29 y/o, and any team getting them can just find out the asking price and resign them instantly. As can we.

I also definitely wouldn't be opposed to trading them for established players. Like getting say a Brent Burns to use as RD.
We aren't getting Burns unless we give up McD.

But we should really pester Winnipeg for Byfuglien who has evolved into a really good player who is definitely undervalued at the moment. He also happens to fit everything we lack in a defenceman AND he has a very good contract.