View Single Post
Old
01-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
Was signing Hank to a ridiculous contract signs of rebuilding? Doing a half way rebuilding job never works. If its a full rebuilding job, then trade Girardi, Callahan, Staal, Nash and Lundqvist, but if the team is still going to try to contend, they can't afford to trade Girardi. Half way rebuilding jobs don't work.

I agree that panicking over a hole in the line up is not the smart way to go, but if the Rangers actually think they are going to be a contender for the cup with this group, you can't afford to move a player like Girardi.

I'm not saying overpay the guy, but sign him to a fair deal. If this group is still going for the cup, don't treat him with no respect like he could easily be replaced, because the truth is that he can't be easily replaced, and letting Girardi go would hurt the team defensively, big time.
You can still retool. Trade Callahan and Girardi for some young pieces that can grow with the team and be part of your core in the future. See what you can get for Staal. Hell, I'd dangle Nash out there, though now might not be the time to do it.

It's painfully obvious that what the Rangers are doing now isn't working.