View Single Post
Old
01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
NashLife
what if doobie?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan9 View Post
I agree the team is mediocre and overrated. I just don't understand why Hank was given a ridiculous contract. How is that going to help the team in the next few years when they are trying to rebuild? When giving an older player a large contract, you are banking on them helping you the next few years and just dealing with the consequences for the last few years of the deal when their level of play falls off. How does it help the team if Hank plays well for a few years at a huge price and then sucks when the team is planning on contending again? Thats called a halfway rebuilding job. You either tear it all down or you don't tear any of it down. Sather either thinks the team can still contend or he is an even bigger moron than I thought. I'm really not sure which one it is.
In some extent we have to rebuild, retool or whatever you may call it. The current rooster is built for Torts hockey. AV was brought here to change things, but he can't do that alone the personnel have to change as well.

Girardi for example have struggle a lot this season adjusting to the new system although he has picked it up quite a bit lately, but still is he a first pairing d that AV prefers? I don't think so.