View Single Post
Old
01-03-2014, 07:02 PM
frozenrubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I don't have an issue that these guys were cut. I have an issue with the stuff they said in front of a reporter.

The players aren't owed anything and USA hockey isn't owed anything. These players aren't fighting a war for USA hockey, they are playing for USA hockey. They aren't defending the flag. They are playing a sport for free. If I was a player in that article I would ignore every invitation for the World Championships, when USA hockey needs the players more then the players need USA hockey.
The Scott Burnside ESPN article was possibly one of the finest inside looks and articles in the longest time (maybe even since the Burke trade deadline piece a few years ago).

I very strongly support the players, but they are entertainers. The NHL needs more reporting of that type of access, regardless of who's feelings get hurt.

I only wish the selection committees for all other national teams provided the same level of access (which we now know will never happen again). Per Poile's interview today, he thought they would get the ability to review the material before release (just like 24/7), didn't happen. Everyone is making too big a deal over an article.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote