View Single Post
Old
01-27-2004, 11:46 PM
blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Both. I don't remember the 98 playoffs as well as I probaly should to comment on it, but I do remember that the team as a whole was not very good. If I remember correctly, Rod Brind`Amour was one of the few players who actually showed up to play that year. I would speculate though that Sean Burke "should" do very well in front of this current Flyer incarnation.

If Hackett can't come back, there will be a trade for a goalie. I'd hope Clarke would try and get Manny Fernandez instead of going after Burke. Fernandez would come from a team that is used to a strict defensive system, and would blend well into Hitchcocks plans.
Don't know much about the Wild but you'd have to almost assume their goalies don't face many shots. Which is why I think Manny would be a good fit as a backup.

Also, was watching CSN and they said the Flyers might be interested in a Biron for Gagne swap, but the Sabres would have to sweeten the deal.

Keith Jones also likes Kolzig. Says his play has been affected by the Caps poor/young defense.

Morganti wishes the Flyers would've done the Gonchar-Kolzig rumoured deal.