View Single Post
01-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Brooklyn Ranger
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I agree for the most part, but I think there is a serious question about whether or not he still wants to be here. He's been in a toxic environment all season long. Ultimately, I think he would only want to be here if AV wasn't, and I doubt Sather/Dolan cuts bait this early on a new coach. That's why I didn't vote in the poll one way or the other. I don't want to see DZ moved (I'd rather see a new coach--not just because of MDZ, but because of the struggles of the entire defense outside of McD, and because I think AV was brought in to do something--contend--that this team is going to be a few years away from doing). But by the same token, if he doesn't want to be here and AV isn't going to go anywhere, MDZ's value will just go lower and lower.
Well said. It's a lose, lose situation. AV doesn't want Del Zotto in the lineup, at least not on the left side--that's pretty clear. Not having Del Zotto in the lineup makes it harder to trade him and reduces his value. Oh well. Every time a new coach comes in, someone gets dumped. I like Del Zotto through and am not sold on John Moore. But, the damage is done.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote