Old
01-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.
A lot of people wanted, based on size.

Everyone and their grandmother knew Galchenyuk was a better prospect. Eventually, by a week around draft day, mostly everyone had changed their tune.

Quote:
I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.
I never bought into the Avtsin hype and I never watched a single interview of his. I based it off his play, both with and without the puck and the way he handled himself in all three zones.

Quote:
I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.
Did you base that on interviews as well? I based it off of his play in Montreal that left us desiring a little more. I said that sending him to Hamilton was the kick in the ass that he needed.

Quote:
Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.
Again, based on interviews? I wanted Price over Halak, despite the heavy credit I gave to Halak during the 2010 playoffs. Not because of interviews, not because of ethnicity but because Price had a higher ceiling.

Quote:
my record speaks volumes.
If that's your record, where you base the potential of prospects on interviews, you failed to make your point. Instead, you gave examples that quite a lot of us here held the same opinion, yet did not base it off interviews. That IS what this argument is about, right? You watched a Collberg interview and that was all you needed to know... right? You then listed examples that poorly reflected your "record".

Quote:
Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.
Not really sure what point you are trying to make here. I don't base my opinion of Therrien on what he says in the dressing room which we are privileged to watch on 24CH. I base it on the decisions he makes with his line-up and how he manages player's ice time. Again... nothing to do with interviews or the way they handle themselves in them.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote