View Single Post
Old
01-04-2014, 08:55 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heilongjetsfan View Post
Jets fan coming in (mostly) peace. My mom was a flyers fan growing up and they've always been one of my "other teams."

There's another post going strong here on your boards that suggests a trade for buff and montoya revolving around Mark Streit and some other crap that you don't want laying around. Nothing against Streit as a player, I've really liked him even as far back as his days with the Habs, but obviously at this point in his career, his trade value is next to nothing.

Winnipeg BADLY needs an LHD who can handle 2nd pairing commitments or better. We would like to add some depth on the wings, too. I think a trade that could benefit both teams would go something like this:

To Winnipeg:
Braydon Coburn
Wayne Simmonds
2014 4th round pick
2015 2nd round pick *conditional on flyers making the east final*

To Philadelphia:
Dustin Byfuglien

That is all.

I know there's going to be a couple homers who are going to try to tell me I'm trying to rob you blind, or that Buff is a hack. The truth is he's an all-star invitee, has been a league leader in shot attempts, and points by defensemen for the last 4 years and is on a very reasonable contract.

Why do we want to move him? We don't even a little bit want to move him, but we've got too much talent (Buff, Bogo, Trouba, Redmond, Postma) in our RHD corps to benefit from all of it. You don't want Bogo or Trouba getting 3rd pairing minutes, they're just too good.

Let me know what you guys think of this - unless of course you're going to give me a bag of pucks counter. I haven't checked how it works for cap space for either team but someone let me know if it's not workable that way.
Our best D and the leading goal-scorer on our team for Buff? Not to mention the inclusion of draft pick(s)... You're not going to like the response.

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote