View Single Post
Old
01-04-2014, 09:31 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
There is a contradiction there.
If a player "plateaued" as you like to say then no change of scenery would help. A change of scenery would mean that a player still has potential and will fulfill it somewhere else.
Not really. He plateaued two years ago. He's got worse since and particularly this year. I think other coaching staffs could get more out of him than this coaching staff of ours. Get him back to where he was anyway. Not going to find out that until it actually happens but I expect his game will improve after he moves. Here--he's going to spin his wheels.

If we're going to talk about DZ objectively. Do I think he's capable of putting up 35-40 point seasons? Yes. With us--with AV? No. Upside?--no more upside than we've seen in the past. He is more or less what he is. An average defender at best who can add some offense from your back line--just don't expect too much. Don't expect him to be a legit pwp qb. His offensive creativity has not really improved since his rookie year. His shot is suspect in terms of 1. accuracy 2. velocity. Mentally I think he's a bit on the fragile side. Not a leader in any respect. That is something that hurts him as Staal at least was a huge leader for the Rangers until all the injuries and McDonagh has pretty much become the leader of the D and IMO is captain material.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote