View Single Post
Old
01-04-2014, 12:55 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
There is some good and some bad of the Dolan era MSG programming wise. Hockey Night Live, The Vault, Rivalries, things like that are cool. The idea of Beginnings is cool too, but there's so much junk that can be filtered.

Now that Boomer and Carton are moving to CBS in the Mornings, even less real programming.

I'm just really tired of them showing 1994 for either the Rangers or Knicks 24/7. We get it. We've seen it so many times. Time to put it away for five years. No more 94 references please either. I don't need to see where Rudy Guiliani was sitting and what was on some random Sopranos actor's mind that moment.

Some of the most fun I've had watching MSG during the summer or down time is when they showed the Rangers-Kings playoff brawl from 1981, and also during the first lockout when they showed the 1986 playoff run, or last year's lockout when they showed the Rangers-Islanders from December 1985. I know the Rangers weren't good in the mid 80s, but it's fun to show games like that. Show game 6 of 1981 vs. the Kings, or vs. the Flyers in 1979. I love Jim and Eddie at Blueshirt Underground but we shouldn't have to rely on The Mouth's archives solely to see things like Game 5 at the Islanders in the 1979 playoffs which is a remarkable game and an underrated playoff performance in Rangers history.

I'm also tired of certain celebrities like the Sopranos cast, Spike Lee, John Lenguinzamo always on MSG. We get it, they're Nu Yawkas. Wonderful.

I miss the days of guys like Bob Page who while he could be incredibly nasty, wasn't afraid to give his opinion or call something for what it was.

I do appreciate guys like Ron Dugauy, Anson Carter, Marty Biron, and even Ken Daneyko on the air. Those guys all do an excellent job.

Last edited by White Plains Batman: 01-04-2014 at 01:01 PM.
White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote