View Single Post
Old
01-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Fair enough, perhaps I'm overreacting. I just never thought I'd have to fine a way to root for Carcillo . But here's to him making a solid contribution to this team...we certainly need someone to provide a spark, and you're right - if he can do what Avery did when he first came here, then who can possibly complain?
I understand that completely. Didn't mean to come off like a pompous ****, I just feel like sometimes one cannot win with these boards. People clamor for toughness to be acquired. Sather does it. They are upset though because it may not be the tough guy they wanted (such as Konopka who takes as many dumb penalties with 1/4th of the offensive output ((literally))).

This team was dead in the water under Renney. Then we acquire Avery and instantly this team is playing with more heart and intensity (mostly due to Avery's antics). We look worse right now than we did under Renney when Avery was acquired. We became tougher. There is no doubt about that. Will Carcillo give us the same spark? Time will tell. I sure as hell hope so.