View Single Post
Old
01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Here is a Desharnais conspiracy theory, that explains why management overuses him.

1) They see Eller as a future 2nd line centre. He's getting there, but he's not there yet. The EGG line experiment showed that he could produce explosively if given the right opportunities, that's a done deal, but given his future role they want him to be more effective on defense.
2) They see Galchenyuk as the future 1st line centre, and for now he is developing at a reasonable rate given that he is 19, he could play more, but ...
3) Desharnais does not fit into the big picture but he needs to be traded eventually. If he keeps going PPG he will have his second 60 point season, he should then be traceable allowing some promotion for Galchenyuk next year.
I don't see it, I don't think the habs locked him up to a four your deal with the plan of using him as a placeholder to move him a year later. You could be correct, but I just don't see it. I think they think DD can contribute to a successful team. I agree with them. The problem I have is utilization from the coach as it seems to be the same from most of the fans who harp on DD. Not necessarily a hate on DD the player, but the usage of DD. Obviously there are extreme opinions who would rather trade him for nothing no matter what he's doing.

I kind of liken it to the Boullion/Murray debates. Boullion is unquestionably the better player imo, but fans would rather see an inferior Murray for 12/13minutes a night than Boullion for 20 minutes. That's a legit criticism, but I don't think it should reflect poorly on Boullion either because the coach has a hard-on for him. Go with your best players, but use them appropriately.