View Single Post
Old
01-20-2007, 10:35 AM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
This shows you more optimistic than me. I don't think they'll ever do it. I don't think they committed to a different philosophy in 04/05, and I don't think they ever will. If they HAD commited to a sustained rebuilding, you would have seen Jagr and some other vets moved last year.
I don't know how people can't see the changes we've made. Maybe some want instant results. Before a couple of years ago our minor league team was a collection of AHL grey beards. Now just about every player on Hartford is/was a legitamate prospect.

Rebuilding begins with drafting players and then developing them in the AHL. It takes time. Some of our serious prospects just hit the AHL this year. During the time you develope those players you need to field a NHL team, hence Jagr and the other "free agents" we signed. Note, we DID NOT trade prospects/picks for the roster to be filled.

You sight the non - trade of Jagr as proof of the Rangers non rebuilding? I think that is a weak argument. I find the fact that we did not trade picks/prospects for veterans last year as proof of the teams long term commitment.

Last year the Rangers for the first time in 7 years had a shot at going to the playoffs. Going to the playoffs would have been beneficial for Sather to justify his existance. The team had serious injury/fatigue problems late in the year and they DON'T trade prospects for veteran help in the push for the playoffs? You don't see that as a commitment to rebuilding?

The Rangers were famous for trade deadline trades sacrificing picks/prospects for veterans. We don't see those types of trades anymore.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote