David Desharnais fights back!
View Single Post
01-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Join Date: Nov 2012
Originally Posted by
Here is a Desharnais conspiracy theory, that explains why management overuses him.
1) They see Eller as a future 2nd line centre. He's getting there, but he's not there yet. The EGG line experiment showed that he could produce explosively if given the right opportunities, that's a done deal, but given his future role they want him to be more effective on defense.
2) They see Galchenyuk as the future 1st line centre, and for now he is developing at a reasonable rate given that he is 19, he could play more, but ...
3) Desharnais does not fit into the big picture but he needs to be traded eventually. If he keeps going PPG he will have his second 60 point season, he should then be traceable allowing some promotion for Galchenyuk next year.
1) Yes. He is not there yet. His October run was fabulous.
2) Yes, He will be a first line center but he needs to continue to evolve. Putting him as a first line center is not the answer now. For now he is third among forwards which is great. Seems that Habs management is doing something right.
3) Expecting 60 points from DD is a little bit too much but he will get 50+ points seems a better expectation. He should be in top-4 with Pacioretty (most likely first), Plekanec and Galchenyuk. Also he does pretty well in faceoffs.
I do understand many about Eller and Galchenyuk.
But Eller is behind DD on the PP and in offense.
Galchenyuk is another story, he will be the center next year or the following one. Many want to push Eller and Galchenyuk ahead of DD but they are not there yet.
For now, it seems to me that the Habs management are going toward Eller to be the replacement for Plekanec and Galchenyuk to replace Desharnais.
But we are not there yet!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by 25get