View Single Post
Old
01-04-2014, 10:16 PM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Yes. While no one would ever confuse him with Lucic, he's played a lot more physical in the past than he is now. He averaged 100 hits per season in Columbus. I think concussion worries/issues have caused him to shy away from physical play, but I also wonder if recovering from the concussions prevented him from fully training/working out in the offseason and while he was injured. Nash, while not superfast, has a powerful stride, which allowed him to go outside/inside on defensmen and pull those highlight reel moves. He was also very strong on the puck down low, and hard to defend against. I remember him basically playing keep away in the corners against the Rangers. People thought he would be a better fit for the Torts system than Gaborik because he was so good down low and along the wall in Columbus. I'm not seeing that this season. It's like Richards last year when he didn't work out and lost his legs and core strength.

Its sad to see because Nash score 30-40 goals every year on a awful team hsi whole career. i thought coming to new york would make him even better. maybe its just our bad luck with players. guys like lindros and drury come to mind

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote