View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 12:41 AM
KasparsHipCheck

vCash: 500
Considering this is the year of the "backup goalie", coupled with the fact that AV seems to like a 2 goalie system, I think it's in the Rangers best interest to keep going with their goalie shuffle. Hank hasn't been consistent this year, my theory since the beginning of the year is that he is still burned out from being overplayed last year in the sprint short season and exhausting playoffs. Even though the Rangers didn't make it past the B's, they didn't stop playing hockey until June, so the short summer hurt Hank.
Hanks game has been coming together lately if you exclude the Pens game, so I'd play him a game or two, then no matter what start Talbot. The team tightens up their loose and sloppy play with the kid in net.
With every other team seemingly playing 2 goalies due to injury or by design, it doesn't hurt the Rangers chances of making the playoffs in any way. I've been ticked that they are hovering around .500 all season, but in the Eastern Conference the teams that would be in the playoffs (if they started today) are only a few games above .500. The last spot in the Metro division and the wildcard spots aren't out of the question. At least the Rangers are one of the teams blessed with a good backup where they can play the goalie shuffle and still actually (miraculously) be in the playoff hunt.

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote