View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Lerb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparsHipCheck View Post
I think McD's been playing a smart game all the way around. He's doesn't have a great shot from the point as you mentioned, but at least he's smart when he chooses to pinch in on a play or when to play it safe and stay put or pull back from the blue line. For me the guy on D that has been the most underwhelming as far as offensive potential is Girardi. He never shoots and he has a pretty good shot. I wish he chipped in like McD has on Offense, but he is forever hesitant. Forget about pinching in. G won't even take a slapper from the point when he's got all the time in the world, he hesitates and holds the puck until the other team covers him, then passes. It's more frustrating to see a guy not take a single chance, then take putting a weaker shot on net and seeing what happens with a screen or rebound.
Girardi is what he is, nothing more. Can't blame the blender for not making a hot meal. McD however is the grill and when it doesn't get those grill marks on the meat and get that flavor in the way a grill is suppose to, it's a damn shame. His next step as a defenseman is to finish those chances. He's now a great offensive play making shutdown defenseman. If he can be a scoring D too, he'd rock the world.

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote