Bluenote's Early 2004 Mock Draft
View Single Post
01-28-2004, 03:43 AM
Join Date: Mar 2003
I love your list but mind is a bit different so i thik i would post mind so we can all se what are the difference.
1. Pittsburgh: Alex Ovechkin - LW - Rus League - There really is no doubt, based on pure skill and possible Superstar ability, Alex is #1 now and will be in June.
I think this one is a no-brainer .
My Choice : Ovechkin
2. Washington: Cam Barker - D - Medicine Hat - Lots of holes on the Caps, but taking the best D-man in the draft is the smartest move.
Could be a good pick but I think Malkin is the 2nd best player in the draft.
My choice : Yevgeny Malkin
3. Columbus: Yevgeny Malkin - C - Rus League - The BJ's offense would be set with the eventual Power trio of Malkin/Zherdev/Nash.
With Malin Gone I think they have to choice Cam Barker Wolski or Olesz. If they draft with Needs Barker is the choice but the best player IMO is Olesz. but still, Barker is a very good prospects
My Choice : Cam Barker
4. Carolina: Rostislav Olesz - C - Cze League - A Center with a combo of size, speed, and scoring. Three things the Whalicanes could use. Montoya/Schwarz may be an option here, but the Canes seem to have a fair amount of Goalie Depth in their system, they need bodies upfront/blueline in the worst way.
Not that I think Wolski is better than Olesz but i think Carolina needs a guy like him to play with Staal and Maybe Brendl ( Who Knows )
My Choice : Wojtek Wolski
5. Chicago: Wojtek Wolski - LW - Brampton - Chicago needs some size & grit upfront. With Mark Bell already on the Left Chicago has a great one two punch for the future.
I Think Chicago will take the BPA and not draft like last year in terms of needs so
My Choice : Rotislav Olesz
6. Buffalo: Robbie Schremp - C - London - From Fulton, NY, kind of a homecoming of sorts. Maybe being closer to home will help all the 'bad attitude' talk. The Sabes need offense, this seems to be the best fit for both player & team.
They Need a true Game-Breaker they have Vanek and now they have the chance to draft maybe the 2nd r 3rd most talented player in the draft in Schremp.
My Choice : Rob Schremp
7. Anaheim: Mike Green - Saskatoon - A Combo of size & skill, on a lesser scale, this year's version of Phaneuf. Put up great numbers at Prospects skills competition.
I Disagree here, I love Green he's even one of my Fav' prospecs in this year draft but i don't think he will be choose in the TOP10. They Seem to like the WHL players.
My Choice : Kyle Chipchura
8. Edmonton: Kyle Chipchura - C - Prince Albert - Great package of size, skating & skill. His numbers don't add up to the #1 NA ranking, is he getting enough icetime? Currently on the IR with a groin injury.
With Chipchura Gone I think Edmonton will draft a Defense
My Choice : Ladislav Smid
9. Florida: Ladislav Smid - D - Cze League - This player gives Florida a nice one two punch on defense with Bouwmeester already making a name for himself.
Yep Smid could be a great choice for Florida but he's gone so
My Choice : Wes O'Neil
10. New York Rangers : Boris Valabik - D - Kitchener - Maybe not the best player available, but the most crucial for the defensively challenged Rangers. A force in front of his own net, standing 6'6, 220 and not even 18 until Valentine's day.
I Think Valabik is too high on your list but hey what do i know.
A Player who i liked to watch at the WJC.
My Choice : Lauri Tukonen
11. Minnesota: Alvaro Montoya - G - Michigan - Top ranked NA goalie, was MVP of USA's Gold winning team at U20 Championships in Finland. I think someone will trade up early to grab him, but this Mock has no trades, so he goes at 11.
Minnesota a Goalie ? Nah I don't think so they have Josh Harding.
They need Defense Prospects Badly IMO.
My Choice : Mike Green
12. Atlanta - Andrew Ladd - W - Calgary - Size & Skill along the boards is something thats missing from the Atlanta squad. Scoring on the blueline is also a concern(13 goals total this year from defense), Sami Lepisto is an option as well.
Yes very true that Lepisto could be a good otpion as well but i think the player i choose is the player they need and the BPA ( outside of Schwarz but they have Lehtonen )
My Choice : Alexandre Picard
13. New York Islander - Johan Fransson - D - Swe League - Skilled blueliner will work well with last year's 1st rounder Nilsson.
Their offense ( Prospects ) is good with Bergenheim Nilsson ...
My Choice : Sami Lepisto
14. Tampa Bay- Marek Schwarz - G - Cze League - Arguably the best goalie in the draft. Not ready for primetime but you can see flashes of the Dominator in his acrobatic style.
My Choice : Marek Schwarz
BPA available since Kyle Chipchura. the others team did not have problem eith they G Propsects so he fall.
15. Phoenix - Wes O'Neil - D - Notre Dame - Underrated, playing well with lots of minutes in his first season at ND. Brings some offense to the Yotes blueline.
My Choice : Andrew Ladd
Again the BPA i think is the best way to draft.
16. Los Angeles - Devan Dubnyk - G - Kamloops - Big boy who covers alot of net. The Kings could use more defensive depth if they don't go with one of the netminder's available. Maybe trade up to get Schwarz?
Well they draft Ryan Munce last year... is he good ? do they need Goalie prospect Again i don't know. If so
My Choice : Al Montoya
17. Dallas - Lauri Tukonen - W - Fin League - Dallas needs size and scoring on the wing. Two for one with this talented forward.
Well Tukonen is gone on my list at #17. I Think they need offense pure Skills and Speed
My Choice : Enver Lisin
18. Montreal- Alexandre Picard - LW - Lewiston - Good value to get a player like Picard at #18. I didn't pick him based on his French name, this player makes sense for the Habs. They need some size on the Wing badly.
Like you said Habs needs some size on the Wing badly so with Ladd and Picard Gone
My Choice : Adam Berti
19. Calgary - Evan McGrath - C - Kitchener - Creative, still growing Center. Good vision, passer. Calgary could use more creativity upfront.
Could use some creativity upfront thats why they will draft
My Choice : Drew Stafford
20. Nashville - Jakub Sindel - C/W - Cze League - Preds need skill, Sindel is a quick & crafty forward.
They need Skill badly they have hard working guys Hartnell Hall ...
My Choice : Jakub Sindel
21. St Louis- Adam Berti - W - Oshawa - Had surgery on both knee's last year, but has played very well this year, including a very good prospect's game. Physical and can score - cleans up the garbage on front doorstep.
BPA ( do i need to say more )
My Choice : Evan McGrath
22. Boston - Travis Zajac - C - Salmon Arm - Talented center, will be playing College hockey for North Dakota next season.
They have pretty good goalie and defenses prospects, they need offense.
My Choice : Adam Pineault
23. New Jersey- Drew Stafford - C/W - North Dakota - I expect Lou to trade up to get Drew, I can't see him dropping this far, so I made him the Devs pick, but note he'll go higher than this most likely. He has magic with Parise and they should continue to score at the next level.
With Stafford gone, and they Already have some good prospects UpFront, they will draft a Defense
My Choice : AJ Thelen
24. San Jose - Dave Bolland - C/W - London - Still needs to mature, but a sniper with the puck.
I think they have pretty good offensive prospects in Bernier Michakej Henessy..
My Choice : Boris Valabik
25. Vancouver- Oscar Hedman - D - Swe League - Underrated D-man, very reliable, though not big at just 6'0.
BPA in my opinion and a D as well
My Choice : Johan Fransson
26. Edmonton (From PHI)- Sami Lepisto - D - Fin League - Was impressive in front of the hometown crowd in Finland for the W20's. Godchild of Jari Kurri.
They Draft Smid with the #8 pick so now I Think BPA is their choice, another D
My Choice : Andrej Meszaros
27. Detroit - AJ Thelen - D - Michigan State - IMO, the most underrated D-man in the draft
I Don't know what they need so i go with who i think is the BPA.
My Choice : Devan Dubnyk
28. Toronto- Anver Lisin - W - Rus League - May be the fastest player in the draft, quick shot. Leafs need scoring.
They need some skill upfront cause Sundin Roberts and AlMo are not 20 years old.
My Choice : Petr Pohl
29. Colorado- Lukas Kaspar - W - Cze League - Big Winger, has good hands.
They need almost everything so BPA
My Choice : Dave Bolland
30. Ottawa- Andrej Meszaros - D - Svk League - Good two way defender, decent size.
Finally the Last One Ottawa, they have plenty of good young fowards in Vermette Eaves Havlat and Hossa are still young. Their D is young as Well with Rachunek Redden Chara Phillips and they have a pretty good prospects in Ray Emery in goal.
So again BPA
My Choice : Kirill Lyamin
Again i love your list
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Cayouche5