View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 01:01 PM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE 24 View Post
If we give Callahan that money it will absolutely be a Drury situation. They're the same player. Drury was a bigger scorer than Cally before we paid him. Cally misses 10-20 games every year with injuries already. We will end up hating Cally before his extension is up. Stepan is like a more skilled, less gritty Callahan as well.

Girardi is a different story. He will slow down and become a middle pairing RHD and not the top pairing guy but he will still be serviceable and a good leader/mentor for young D we bring in/develop over the years. He never misses games, or even shifts, with injuries and I don't think he'll suddenly break down and become injury prone. Even if he starts missing 2-5 every year, that's nothing; significantly less than Callahan has missed very year already. He'll be reliable for top four minutes for another 5 years, I have little doubt.
totally agree, my comments above are more geared to g as well.. I want him around for the rest of his career.. bc hes not replaceable for what he brings..

and in terms of callahan i want him, but i wouldnt pay him the long term as i would g.. to me we have other leaders on the team that can bring that skill set to their roles like g, staal, even stepan